Brooklyn Area Criminal Defense Attorney
Whether you have been charged with a first-time DUI or are facing felony charges for a violent or white-collar offense, you need an experienced legal team on your side in order to minimize the consequences of your arrest. At Epstein & Conroy, P.C., we built our careers by working tirelessly to win favorable results for our clients, whether through plea negotiations or at trial. We apply our experience and dedication to every case we handle and, over the past three decades, we have earned reputations as aggressive litigators who are not afraid to defend even the most difficult cases before a jury.
Brooklyn Criminal Defense Attorney Practice Areas
- Murder Defense - A murder conviction can lead to a life sentence without the possibility of parole. Our attorneys have extensive experience managing murder investigations and representing people accused of murder and manslaughter charges.
- Violent Crimes Defense - Our violent crimes practice includes representing clients accused of assault, kidnapping, arson, robbery, burglary and weapons possession. Many of these offenses carry substantial penalties, including the potential for years, or even decades, of incarceration.
- Sex Crimes Defense - A conviction for a sex offense can have consequences that extend far beyond prison time. At Epstein & Conroy, we represent clients charged with all levels of sexual assault, including sex crimes against children. In addition, we represent convicted offenders at SORA classification hearings (Sex Offender Registration Act).
- DUI/DWI Defense - The consequences of a New York DUI arrest begin immediately. The DMV can suspend your license before you get convicted. To potentially avoid losing your license, you need to seek legal help promptly after your arrest. A conviction can lead to substantial fines, jail time, a loss of your driver’s license, and further penalties that become even more drastic if you have a prior conviction.
- Drug Charges Defense - We represent clients charged with drug possession and sale, including prescription drug offenses. New York law enforcement officials and prosecutors take a harsh stance against drug offenders, and you need aggressive legal representation to protect your rights.
- Domestic Violence/Assault - Crimes charged as domestic violence can carry enhanced penalties. We represent clients facing allegations of crimes against children, domestic assault and harassment, and are also available to handle cases involving orders of protection.
- White Collar Crimes - White collar charges often stem from extensive investigations involving the cooperation of several law enforcement agencies. As the target of an investigation you must take action quickly to avoid being put even further at a disadvantage. Our attorneys have experience with cybercrimes, ransomware attacks, money laundering, counterfeiting, identity theft, bitcoin crimes, and cyber revenge porn.
- Misdemeanors - In addition to representing clients facing serious felony charges, we routinely handle misdemeanor cases in Brooklyn and all other boroughs of New York City. If you are accused of a misdemeanor offense, do not take it lightly - a misdemeanor conviction can result in jail time, probation, a criminal record, and possible immigration difficulties.
- Police Investigations/Surrenders - If you are the subject of a criminal investigation, hiring an experienced attorney can possibly prevent charges from being filed against you. Do not wait until you are formally charged to start protecting yourself. The attorneys at Epstein & Conroy are experienced protecting the rights of individuals under investigation. If you received a summons or desk appearance ticket (DAT), or if you have a warrant for your arrest, we can advise you.